The NDA Conflict Resolution course is tailored for all businesses and industries and for staff who may face conflict within their job roles
The Course duration:
5 Hours plus breaks
Upon successful completion, certification is valid for three years.
- More than 14 days = Money Back
- 7 Days – 14 days = 50% refund
- Less than 7 days = No refund
Maximum number of trainees:
16 (More can be accommodated by bringing in another trainer)
Assessment and Certification:
Professional NDA Approved Certificates, Continuous assessment by trainer
Our qualified trainers come from a range of working backgrounds and all have an active professional and passionate interest in training.
Course content includes:
- Defining Conflict Resolution, Physical Intervention, Proportionality, Reasonability and Accountability.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Common Law and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Department of Health Guidance for Restrictive Intervention policies
- The difference between Restrictive and Non-Restrictive Intervention
- Different Strategies and when, how and what to implement. Recognising triggers and causes.
- Risks to staff and service users.
- Who can use PI and on whom.
- Assessments and recording methods/note making
- Defusion and De-escaltion techniques
- Good and bad practices. Challenging behaviour.
- Communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, NVC’s
- Differences between Aggression and Assertiveness. Escalation stages
- The ‘Conflict Resolution Model’
- ‘Betari Box’
- ‘Drama Triangle’
- The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration.