The purpose of the qualification is for the learner to attain knowledge and practical competencies required to deal with a range of workplace first aid solutions. The TQUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) is at learners already working or preparing to work in industry. The qualification is usually delivered as a three-day programme of training and assessment for learners to allow them to be first aiders in the workplace.
Our experienced trainers will take you and your colleagues through the awarding body assessment criteria, so you can be safe in the knowledge that your business will meet the legal requirements for first aid training.
The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is designed for large or high risk working environments. We will also tailor it to be relevant to your specific work place so that you get the best training for your needs.
Course content includes:
Unit 1 – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- 1.Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- 2. Be able to assess an incident
- 3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- 4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- 5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- 6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- 7.Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Unit 2 – Recognition and Management of illness and Injury in the Workplace
- 1. Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- 2. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- 3. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- 4. Know how to provide first aid with suspected chest injuries
- 5. Know how to provide first at to a casualty with burns and scalds
- 6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- 7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- 8. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- 9. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
The Course duration:
3 FULL DAYS (MINIMUM OF 18 HOURS OF TEACHING – EXCLUDING BREAKS AND EXTRA PRACTICE). Please note – HSE recommends that all trainees take yearly refresher courses to update their knowledge and assist in retention of skills.
Maximum number of trainees:
It is recommended that the qualification should operate on a ratio of (a maximum of) 12 learners to 1 tutor
All students are awarded a recognised First Aid Certificate* which is valid for 3 years. You will also receive a first aid manual.