No, keep the eye still and seek medical attention immediately.
Eye injuries can happen very easily. From a fly in the eye to an embedded object. Its important to know what to do.
Should you remove a foreign object stuck in the eye?
What First Aid equipment is required for Eye injuries?
Sterile eye wash ( If safe to remove) Eye pad ( to cover the eye and prevent movement)
Name 3 things that may end up in the eye?
Dust, insects, foreign object, sand, metal, chemicals.
Common causes include:
- Dust particles entering the eye
- Chemicals splashing in the eye
- Embedded objects in the eye
- Pain around the injured eye
- Watering or blood in the eye
- Difficulty opening the eye
- Difficulty seeing out of the eye,
- Small articles may be washed away using a sterile eye wash or clean running water
- Chemicals splashed in the eye would require flushing for a minimum of twenty minutes
- Protect the eye on route to hospital by covering with a sterile dressing
- Reassure the casualty