When comparing the eyes you can notice that the pupils may be unequal in size
Pressure builds up within the skull as a result of infection, internal bleeding or a swelling of the brain tissue itself.
what can happen to the eyes if you have compression?
Name the 3 main types of Head Injury
Concussion, Compression and Skull Fracture
The casualty has gone unconscious. What do I do now?
Place in recovery position if safe to do so.
Common causes include:
Major head injury
Heavy blow to head
Internal brain injury
- Deteriorating level of response
- Intense headache
- Noisy, slow breathing
- Strong, slow pulse
- High temperature
- Unequal pupil size
- Change in personality or behaviour
- If the casualty is conscious lay them down and support their head and shoulders.
- If unconscious manage their airway but leave in the position you found them because of risk of spinal injury
- Call 999 / 112 for an ambulance