An Adult in First Aid terms is anyone that has reached early signs of puberty upward.
We at NDA First Aid Training Ltd hope you are never put in this position but its better to know what to do than panic. YOU could save a life! CPR stands for Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation.
How old is an Adult in First Aid terms?
What does CPR stand for?
CPR stands for Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
What 2 elements make up CPR?
CPR is made up of 2 elements:
- Rescue Breaths
- Chest Compressions.
Common causes for a adult to stop breathing are:
- Heart Attack
- Anaphylaxis (Allergic reaction)
- Not responding nor breathing normally
- Chest not rising
- Cannot hear a breath
- Cannot feel a breath
- Colour change of skin
- Call 999 / 112 for an ambulance and ask for a Defibrillator ( Get a helper to do this if possible, while you begin CPR)
- Chest compressions: Place 2 hands in the centre of the chest with locked elbows and compress 5-6cms 30 times.
- Rescue Breaths: Then do 2 Rescue Breaths. Sealing the nose and blowing into the mouth for no longer than a second.
- Continue 30:2 until you are exhausted, the casualty shows signs of life, or the medical services arrive. Swap every 2 minutes if needed with a helper.