Any Learners who participate in any level of Manual Handling in the workplace or in their day to day lives will benefit from this qualification. This qualification covers how to move and handle objects in a safe way and minimise the risk of injury to yourself and others when undertaking manual tasks.
The course is aimed at a variety of candidates working in all sectors including hotels, restaurants, care homes, bars, construction, cafes, Doctors Surgeries, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
The minimum contact Hours of this qualification, excluding breaks, should be for a minimum period of 6 Hours with one of our professional trainers.
All successful candidates will receive a Nationally Recognised Level 2 Award in Moving and Handling which is valid for 3 years.
- 1.1 Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect Manual Handing
- 1.2 Outline employers and employees duties relating to Manual Handling at work
- 1.3 Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
- 2. Understand how Manual Handling risk assessments contribute to improving Health and Safety
- 2.1 Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of Manual Handling work
- 2.2 Outline the process for carrying out a Manual Handling risk assessment
- 2.3 Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to Manual Handling
- 3. Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with Manual Handling safety
- 3.1 Describe safe movement principles associated with Manual Handling
- 3.2 Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for Manual Handling tasks
- 3.3 Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of Manual Handling and lifting equipment
- 4. Be able to apply safe Manual Handling principles
- 4.1 Demonstrate efficient and safe Manual Handling principles when;
a. applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own
b. when using manual handling aids and equipment
c. when undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team