Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work RQF qualification is tailored for smaller workplaces and for staff who work in low hazard environments. This 6 hour course is designed to train candidates in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid to the standard required by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The Course Duration:
The minimum contact hours of this qualification, excluding breaks, should be for a minimum period of 6 hours over 1 day.
Please note – The recommendation is that learners refresh their knowledge annually. (Previously HSE)
Maximum number of trainees:
It is recommended that the qualification should operate on a ratio of (a maximum of) 12 learners to 1 tutor
Upon successful completion all students are awarded a recognised First Aid Certificate and pocket Card which is valid for 3 years.
Course content includes:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries