Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work LTA Coach qualification is tailored for smaller workplaces and for staff who work in low hazard environments. This 6 hour course is designed to train candidates in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid to the standard required by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The Course Duration:
The minimum contact hours of this qualification, excluding breaks, should be for a minimum period of 6 hours over 1 day.
Please note – The recommendation is that learners refresh their knowledge annually. (Previously HSE)
Maximum number of trainees:
It is recommended that the qualification should operate on a ratio of (a maximum of) 12 learners to 1 tutor
Upon successful completion all students are awarded a recognised First Aid Certificate* which is valid for 3 years.
Course content includes:
- The roles and responsibilities of the Emergency First Aider
- The Priorities of First Aid
- Assessing an incident
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Defibrillator Awareness
- Control of bleeding
- Heart attacks
- Minor injuries
- Record Keeping & Accident Reporting
- The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration.