A 6 Hour Paediatric First aid course with child and baby CPR training is perfect if you wish to provide First aid as a Nannie, Au Pair, voluntary Workers, School support staff and those working with children who do not require the full 12 hour Paediatric Qualification
Our high-quality Paediatric First Aid courses will help you:
- Get your Nationally recognised Paediatric first aid certificate, valid for three years.
- Confidently deal with common Paediatric First Aid emergencies
- On our Emergency Paediatric First Aid course, you’ll learn about infant and child first aid , how to use a first aid box, how to carry out emergency resuscitation (including child CPR), how to deal with common childhood emergencies such as Choking, Bleeding, Anaphylaxis and much more.
- Whether you already know a little First Aid and wish to build on your basic first aid knowledge or you’re a complete beginner, you’re sure to benefit from our Emergency Paediatric First Aid course programme.
The Course duration:
6 Hours (Excluding breaks)
Upon successful completion certification is valid for three years.
Maximum number of trainees:
12 (More can be accommodated by bringing in another trainer)
Assessment and Certification:
First aid guide books, Continuous assessment by trainer
Course content includes:
- 1.1 Explain the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- 1.2 Explain how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- 1.3 Identify when to use personal protection equipment when providing first aid
- 1.4 Identify contents of a paediatric first aid kit
- 1.5 Identify the need to complete an accident report/incident record 1.6 Define an infant and a child for the purposes of first aid treatment
- 2. Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- 2.1 Conduct a scene survey
- 2.2 Conduct a primary survey on an infant and a child
- 2.3 Identify when to call for help
- 3. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- 3.1 Place an infant and a child in the recovery position
- 3.2 Continually monitor an infant and a child whilst they are in the recovery position
- 3.3 Assist an infant and a child who is experiencing a seizure.
- 4. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing
- 4.1 Identify when to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to an unresponsive infant and an unresponsive child who is not breathing normally
- 4.2 Administer CPR using an infant and a child manikin
- 5. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking
- 5.1 Identify when choking is mild & severe
- 5.2 Administer first aid to an infant and a child who is choking
- 6. Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- 6.1 Explain the types and severity of bleeding in infants and children 6.2 Control external bleeding
- 7. Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- 7.1 Recognise an infant and a child who is suffering from shock 7.2 Administer first aid to an infant or child who is suffering from shock
- 8. Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
- 8.1 Explain how to administer first aid for: Bites, Stings, Small cuts, Grazes, Bumps and bruises , Small splinters and Nose bleeds
- The training is designed to be appropriate to the age of the children being cared
6 Hour Paed £70.00